US on TV--DIY Network !!


Our TV show aired !!! We almost missed it...the coffee shop that had satellite TV and had agreed to let us come watch it there let us down. We met w/ friends from Mobile and Perdido Bay at 8 pm for our 8:30 show, and we were next door having some drinks first when we found out that the coffee shop was closing at 8 p.m. ! Luckily, Ted Dial's girlfriend, Rene's brother lives in Peninsula on Ft. Morgan Rd and also has satellite TV and she called him real-fast......we zoooooomed over to his place and got there just in the nick of time.

A most excellent job on editing . I was so glad that they actually used all of the old construction photos that I spent so long digging thru my hard drives for or re-scanning prints in high res. just for them. They used shots of the house in previous storms when talking about Ivan, but who would know except me.

I watched the show with one of my friends who is a professional model and does TV commercials all the time, so that was tough....she is very, very photogenic, I'm not, ....the camera seems to remove 10 lbs from MaryJo while it adds them to me !

One great thing the DIY Network has done is add web links to my website and to Ted's (see below), and I know that an inbound link from them carries a lot of 'weight' w/ the search engines....so this is a very good thing. Hope they keep the links online for a long time, at least until another Google indexing.

Cool web links (lots of text and photos from the show) they added to the DIY Network website tonight:

Coastal Living, Italian-Style
same link--their print version (no pop-ups)

Additional Information on DAC-Art Construction
same link-- their print version (no pop-ups)

Additional Information on the Homeowners and the Gulf-Shores Vacation Home
same link-- their print version (no pop-ups)

EDIT: WOW--they have added several more web pages in last day or two...!

DIY is not gonna be to happy about my linking to the non-commercial print versions and I may get a 'take 'em down' notice....but for now...maybe they don't look at their log files...

Be Your Own Contractor--Vacation Homes will repeat on Fri and Sun too.

August 18, 2005
9:30 PM Eastern
August 19, 2005
12:30 AM Eastern
August 21, 2005
1:00 PM Eastern



BTW, I am having to set the comments function to 'register' , it just means having a Gmail or Google groups account I think. This morning there were 10 so called 'comments' w/ spam links in them on this blog. So, feel free to comment, but youmight have to 'register' w/ Google, it is prob no big deal, if it is, email me and they offered one other option on the blog settings and I can try that. I wasn't sure exactly what the two options besides 'anyone' require from the potential commenter.....but I have to stop the blog-spamming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today