New Cool Tiny Travel Tool






On my July trip I had so many incidences where I really needed a pair of needle nose pliers, as well as couple of times I could have used a screwdriver and DEFINATELY a bottle opener as Europe has not realized that twist off bottle caps have been invented. Taking more tools with me would have been handy, but weight was a huge factor.

So once I got back I began searching for a tiny, folding, multi-tool that had really pointy pliers. Lots of the Leatherman and Bear Jaw tools I have seen have rather blunt nose pliers, not to mention that they are usually big and expensive and really heavy. The closest thing to what I wanted for sale in The States seemed to be the Leatherman Squirt which is about 25 bucks and looking at the photo, the pliers might not be as sharp as I'd like.

I found this neat little keychain multi tool by chance, I was actually searching eBay for minature gas torch welding/soldering tools and because the British call flashlights 'torches' --this came up on the search. The guy is in Hong Kong so he speaks British. It is stainless steel, that is great for me here in rustville, has smooth edges, a really tiny but bright flashlight and most tools I'd need except a corkscrew and maybe scissors. I paid 2 cents. Yes, you read that correctly. The postage was set at something like $4.99, so it cost me about 5 bucks total-- I suppose he gets cheap postage and makes enuf to make it worth his while---I dont' know. I do know that he was very polite to check up to be sure I received it and all. He has good eBay Power Seller points. I got it about 3 or 4 weeks after I bought it but the hurricane may have slowed things down--packages especially. I think it was just suppose to be 2 weeks. Anyway--I am very pleased, and ready to fix broken luggage wheels and all the stuff that happens when traveling. Oh yes, and ready to add charms to charm braclets too.

If you are wondering what the tiny flashlight is shining on here, it is a piece of butterfly wing. Went to get the mail and a poor butterfly had been dismembered near the mailbox by an auto. His wing portions were intact, just seperate---and beautiful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today