Sum Sonofabitch stole our timbers !!



Right out of the driveway, up close to the house...


Hurricanes bring in the absolute dreggggggs of society. We never had things like this happen before. Even with a car parked in the driveway, someone drove up, in broad daylight and loaded and stole these two very valuable 27 ft long 10 in X 10 in timbers. Musta done it on Wed. while I was in Fairhope at the psychologist office !!! It's no wonder we all need mental help down here !!

I have now ordered 3 video cameras w/ flashing LED lights to mount on the exterior of the house. I ordered 10 of them a couple years ago for Silver Beach Condos and it made a big difference. I'll also get some small signs made that say everyone who enters the driveway will be photographed....like it is Brad Pitt's house or something. I'll have to mount a mailbox for FedEX,UPS deliveries on the posts at the end of the driveway and stop and put the chain up every time i come and go now for fear they'll steal my peddleboat or something. (Big pain in the arse)

And I think I know who did it. I pulled in one day this week to find a strange guy in a utility truck in the driveway near the house and I asked him what he wanted. He said he was 'checking the phone lines' but he wasn't in a Gulftel truck. I questioned that and he said Gulftel had called in out of town subs since the hurricane. I was suspicious of his being here at all....he seemed weird. And he was the second strange guy in a truck I found in the driveway that same day.

This never would have happened before Ivan, when no one could even see the house from the street, much less see everything about this place from this awful development next door. Might need to build a 15 ft wall---the fast-grow plants I planted are all dead dead dead from Katrina.

One new thought--maybe--just maybe--the timbers were taken by one of the people whose home across the lagoon was destroyed by Ivan and they had recently bought some to rebuild and they thought they ended up in our yard--and that would be fine--but I doubt it. Plus if that were so, then doubtful that they would have done it sneaky. We had had one of those timbers for a year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today