Da Bamboo is Planted


Photo Notes: I know this photo doesn't look like much--but click it to make it larger and it is a little easier to see the bamboo against the other foilage and trees, etc. I put the clumps in where every other dead Leiland Cypress was. And , suprisingly , I had enuf to go pretty much the whole length of the property line. Even tho we dug the smallest canes we could find, I still had to cut the bamboo about half of its length to get it in the car. Most of the leaves were left on the ground in Cordova so they don't show up well in this photo. Figuring that the dead plants could help shade the root zone from the drying sun, I left them on their side at the base of each bamboo clump for now at least.


All 16 clumps !! Weather is georgous !!!!! Sunny and t-shirt warm. I will keep the pump water sprinklers on it during sunniest periods for next few days to simulate & stimulate. I want the bamboo to think I have brought it to the tropical rain forest paradise. If it looks fretfull , I will make it cocktails and play music.....
Just days earlier it was in a much shadier spot and in a downright cold climate and the car ride is always taxing on all concerned. I brought a spray bottle of water in the car to mist the leaves on and off, and tried to keep it cool and hydrated. And I drove fast to minimize the time the leaves baked in the sun. That is what I'd have told the police if I'd have been stopped :o)

Altho, I did somehow get sidetracked and end up in themiddle of downtown Meridian instead of on the bypass, so I figured well, why not stop at Hudson's Salvage since I an right here.
So what do I see soon as I walk in????? Huge flat trays of foreign film DVDs from some video rental place for $5
All these award winning films from all over the world. Movies I had read about and knew that the Dukes-of-Hazzard mentality video rental place here would never offer. (Now there is nothing wrong with the Dukes of Hazzard movie--I LOVED it--great fun on the BIG screen, but I know you all know what i mean) --so I bought 17 movies and when I looked up a couple to see what they sold for on Amazon used, It was just as I suspected, after my friends and I all see them , I'll sell them at a nice little profit. But, that poor bamboo did have to sit baking the sun ---yesterday was georgous too--while I wandered about in Hudsons Salvage in Meridian, Mississippi. I could have spent hours and hours in there--a virtual gold mine of fascinating treasures, but I had a hard time finding room for the 17 DVD's in my car with all that bamboo in it.

Once I was with Jane Brookshire and we spent something like 5 hours in the Hudsons in Hattiesburg !! Who is there who does not love Hudsons ???

Mary Jo has a bumper sticker on her car that says "I got this bumpersticker at Hudsons for 90% off"

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow, what a wall you will have created for the future. Keep it watered. Even if tops die off the roots will need to resprout.
Greenfully yours, barb

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today