Hair it is....

Guys can skip this one,
girls can discuss hair for hours,
guys on the other hand, most often find hair to be a non-topic of conversation.

OK--girls, after a dermatologist prescribed a chemo-cream for a pre-cancer spot in Hindu-center of my forehead and said I would probably go thru 3 weeks of a bright red irritated looking stage during treatment, I made a little set of fake bangs to experiment with to see about the possibility of my chopping off the front strands of hair on my head and wearing bangs in an attempt to disguise the 3rd eye during treatment.

I know it is so difficult to have conversation with someone who has a focal point in the center of their forehead, so I am doing it for everyone else as much as for me !

So I played around with my little fringe of fake hair bangs, clipped them in with itty-bitty-mini (hidden) clip and wore them shopping one evening to see if people stared. No one did. I also wanted to see if I could tolerate it--or if bangs felt like a big spider on my forehead all the time.

My mom didn't 'believe' in bangs. None of use girls had them. Never. I had no experience with them. I think they might have been high-maintenance, that is probably one reason she didn't want any of us to have them. Too many trips to the beauty parlor for trims. There was no such thing as Fantastic Sams in those days. Plus we were prone to pimples ! Bangs probably wouldn't have helped.

Anyway--during the course of my experiments, I queried several friends as to whether they thought I had a suitable face shape for bangs, etc...the general consensus was that I looked better (read younger) with bangs ....that was all I needed to hear--spot or no spot. Actually the spot is halfway thru treatment and is not as red as I thought it might be.

Stylish friend , Mary Jo showed me a trick, how to grab the right hairs, twist them into a tight little coil, and exactly where to snip...voila....now it is a done deal...I now have bangs. Photos to follow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today