Hot Damn !

I did it...I just switched from my dead as a doornail MediaCom cable connection to my new DSL line !!! The day before T'giving I marched into the Gulftel office and signed up for DSL as a back-up for cable...I was just sick of the on-off-on-off situation. But, I had not actually used the DSL till now.

The DSL moden and stuff was all still in the box, and cable went off line a few minutes ago--I called to report it--8000 users offline.

Side note: Mediacom has agreed to run me a new dedicated line from street to my computers but as is so typical, it was suppose to be done few days ago, and they last guy here left a Medicacom tool behind on the ground outside behind the house AND left the covers off both house panel box and the whole terminal box for both me and neighbors up at the easement--I happened to see it while out walking--and like we don't live 40 ft from salt water or anything plus we have have 2 storms!!!

So I got it all out plus a magnifying glass to read the fast start hook-up stuff. Of course, I now have 5 or 6 new wires and filters running all over the place, across kitchen counters and all (next house will have a bank of 20 outlets, 20 cable outlets and 20 phone jacks in a row, I swear) but the great part is that I was magnifying-glass-in-hand reading the stuff I was gonna have to do to get my router and WinXP configured for new account, I heard the familiar 'belleeeep' of incoming gmail.....music to my online ears. The wonder of it all. WinXP had configured its own sweet self.

I have ordered a load-balancing router thing that both cable and DSL plug into and when one goes off it instantly switches to the other and it should cone in next day or two (and I will be the most wired person on Ft. Morgan Rd I bet), but meanwhile, I have successfuly gotten myself back online and I am soooooo glad as Heather, my helper, will be here in minutes and she needs it to do what she does for me.

Color me happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today