My Toe



Update: added new photo sans polish. Still hurting, and itis like 5 days post injury.

I know you all are immensely interested in seeing my toe. I took this photo today and here it is about 4 or 5 days after the injury.
Sorry it is a bit out of focus--but you get the idea.
See the black just between the polish and the skin? No? --Click the photo to supersize it !

And the toenail next to it is just now finally growing out from losing it from excessive walking with shoes and socks in Europe--Rome one day, I think. Constant slight friction from toes on socks can do it.

Most days I wore black suede dress flip-flops with beaded tops, but one or two times I wore Reebok sneakers. Flip-flops and comfortable sandals are good for sightseeing, but if they are the kind that are held on by only one strap or point of contact and that place breaks--you are in trouble. That is where tennis shoes are better. Of course you scream "American Tourist"

I feel like some kind of prepetually toenail losing lizard. But I am just ACTIVE !

BUT...If you are not losing toenails on a regular basis , maybe you are too much of a stick-in-the mud !!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well, Lundy, I'm glad you have a nice mauve/lavender shade of toenail polish to match the horrible hematoma underneath! Oh, my goodness, I thought the poinsettia was bad (see post of Dec. 17th). Actually, they kind of match. And I think my sweater set from Michael Dell would coordinate nicely. You can borrow it, if it still looks like that when I come to visit. I'm afraid by then it will be gangrenous and we'll just have to have it removed. Hmmm, wonder if they make big toe prostheses? You should add a link if you can find one - maybe you could barter for your new toe!

Note: I've used the Merriam Webster site a lot for these words like hematoma and gangrenous - in case anyone's interested in their meanings!

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today