Computer and Toe Update

Happy to report that Heather, my bright web assistant and her husband Russ have successfully re-installed my old HD which seems to be acting right and also installed the new HD into Big Momma and Heather backed up the imp't files from the 'C' partition on the original HD to the new big secondary HD. She also found that my CD/DVD writer is going bad on that computer, so I'll pick one up at W-M. Once they started cleaning Big Momma's innards, the CPU was really dirty which could have contributed to my original problems. Heather and Russ loaned me back a functioning old CRT monitior that I had given them (it got wet during hurricane Ivan in airplane hanger storage when the doors blew off) to use until I can pick up a flat screen in P'cola Sam's or CompUSA.

I'm planning to set Big Momma up over in the 3rd bedroom at the Granny House that Harrys says I can use for an off-site office for a while. That location already has cable Internet but nowhere near that room, so I'll have to get MediaCom out. Big Momma has a TV tuner/recorder and there is cable TV in that room already and phone line.

My big toe nail is currently protected by a band-aid. It is detached the full length except for the entire right side where it is still firmly attached so it is hinged like a screen door. Gives me the creeps just typing this ...yuk ! At least it doesn't hurt unless it should 'catch' on something--the reason for the always-on band-aid. Thankfully it has been a very warm winter, so I have had no problem going barefoot or wearing open toe beachy shoes every day. Once it comes on off, then socks and shoes should be no problem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today