Don't know why the weather thing says 'mostly cloudy' as it has been full sun all day.
Bamboo is lookin' good. I mixed up Green Light Root Stimulator and Starter solution today and doused each root zone. Only one clump has canes with leaves that look like they are drying up. Could be that they were closest to the car windows on the way down, or could be that the whole clump won't 'make it' . I treated the roots anyway, cause a root could send up a new shoot in spring...if I can keep the pandas away.

One clump that Man dug had small canes that looked rather dead to me in the first place, but I didn't have the heart to say anything to him at the time. So I just treated it like the rest of them, hoping that some of the root fragments might live. All-in-all, the bamboo is looking really good.

Wish I knew exactly which bamboo this is--there are hundreds of named varieties it seems as well as a bunch of species. Wonder how you 'key' bamboo? Pines are easy--different number of needles in the bundles.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today