Fix Yer Own Camera

Today I went to Orange Beach to do some photos for a website. Turned on my trusty little HP R707 that I bought in June for the Europe trip. Nothing. Dead. Luckily, I had grabbed my larger Toshiba just as I was going out the door for 'just in case' ...you never know...and sure enuf, if iI had not had the Toshiba with me, I'd have been out of luck.

I came home and tried everything I knew on my HP R707.
Did searches, etc..
Swapped out batteries,
shook it,
found a HP product forum, jumped thru a bunch of hoops to join & post.

I had about decided that it was probably just the end of the line for my sweet little camera.

BUT
While on the HP site I started diging thru Knowledge Base articles, I had to look at maybe 4 dozen, but I kept digging, and on about page 4 of a huge list of topics, I see the one that held the key to my problem.

Turns out that on the camera there is this hidden, tiny, itty bitty hole--located in a hinge where you'd never see it. But it is some sort of reset button. Instructions said to remove battery or any power supply, insert a paperclip wire and press for 3 seconds, release and re-insert the battery.

I did, hit the on button and bingo--camera came to life and wanted to have its date and time set.

I kissed it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today