Gulf Shores Technology Lunch

Big waste of time for me. I went to this thing this week, and while I wasn't miserable or anything (sat w/ friends), the topics were about economic development and venture capitol and stuff I don't care about. And the food was kinda school-lunch-room.

I got the impression that not many people there were web people, mostly business people.

But standing in buffet line this tall, older guy was saying that he managed about 12 websites ( I think he said 12, might have been 20, can't remember) anyway....he was so proud...he said that the busiest one was getting 15,000 visitors a week. Repeated it several times. Everyone around him was congratulating him.

I kept my mouth shut. I have sites that get 15,000 unique visitors a day. Last week the DAC-ART site had more than 99,000 visitors. The scrapbooking site runs between 35,000 to 45,000 per week.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You're so modest. Winning or living well or what is it is the best revenge. I'm so glad your southern manners prevented you from embarrassing the poor dear. you are a tech-fiend.

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today