Merchant of Venice



Recommended--and this is coming from 'The Cliff Notes Kid' ...yes it is adapted from Wm. Shakespeare and I didn't even know the story or anything about it beforehand. Made in 2002. Filmed in Venice and Europe.
Took me a few minutes to pickup on the storyline. I had to listen pretty closely. But I think both guys and girls would enjoy this if you are in the mood. Definately not just a chic flick love story, it has that but also a business story intertwined, and courtroom drama.

Oh, my, the architecture is breath-taking !!
Watch it, then see if you don't want to build a DAC-ART residence !!

One of the DVDs I got in Hudsons in Meridian, MS for 5 bucks. Rent it , but if you are the buying type, get it used thru my Amazon box on bottom of my www.mosaic-tile-design.com pages por favor !

Comments

Anonymous said…
Is this the "pound of flesh" story? Somehow got by without ever reading it, so would be good to watch. I try reading classics sometimes, but there's so much new stuff. Shakespeare is beautiful, but I'm never reading Dickens again. Who would, unless forced to? More into non-fiction lately, but sense a shift to mysteries coming for the winter.
Lundy Wilder said…
Yes--this is the one, I didn't know where that phrase came from. Never thought about it before. In fact I heard several phrases that are in popular usage that probably came from this play.

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today