New Italian Chandelier


How I spent Sunday afternoon.
Assembling the bathroom Murano glass chandelier that I brought home from Venice last July. Now the reason for this post is two fold.

I know my readers are interested in this sort of stuff and seeing photo of these curiosities like hand blown Venetian glass.

I need to get the "How To" webpage that I made indexed by Google and this link might help. Murano glass chandelier

I walked about 2 miles with this chandelier packed in pieces in a box hanging around my neck by a spare luggage strap....pulling luggage w/ both hands, one suitcase with a broken wheel....ba-bump-ba-bump.....dripping with sweat....i was a wild sight !

The chandelier came on the plane as carry-on. It was one of those 'if i live thru this' things....

But lived I did, and now I need to tell other people how to assemble these things. I know my text needs lots of work( I did it real fast).....especially the electric wiring parts. I'd hate them to burn their houses down by following my vague and misguided instructions. Does it really matter if A/C wiring is hooked up to the little sockets in any certain polarity ???

The pre-wired arms had wire with no indication of positive and negative, both were same color wires, so I didn't pay any attention.

Well, I'm off to W-M to get a easy-on plug to test the thing before I hard wire it into the ceiling. I'll add photos of it hanging when I get it up.

Comments

Anonymous said…
As long as the sockets aren't hooked to any exterior metal, then it doesn't make any difference. FYI, the white wire (in the house) is the neutral and the black one is HOT. Are the metal parts of this thing hooked together? They really need to be and they need to be connected to the ground wire, that bare copper wire in the romex. The rub is the possibility that one of the hot wire's insulation fails and contacts the metal. If the metal is grounded it just pops the circuit breaker. If it's not, then the person going up to change a light bulb could be in for a little surprise.

Man who can fix things
Anonymous said…
well, i was going to say exactly the same thing. i was going to offer to check it for you when i come thurs.

maybe you should flip the breaker when you change bulbs. hopefully steam from sink or shower won't be electified. in poultry processing plants, they used to spray the poor chickens or turkeys with electrified water spray to stun them before death. not sure if peta has changed this. btw, they don't do dissections in high school any more. almost certainly an animal rights issue. i'll need to research. we did fetal pigs, cats, frogs, worms. fetal pigs & cats were honors biol.

see ya thurs.
Lundy Wilder said…
Thanks to both most helpful commenters. The metal centerpost of the light came w/ a ground wire pre-attached to it. I will be sure to attach it tot he ground wire in the ceiling box. As for electrifried shower steam...hmmmm...if I while or after showering, become stunned in a nekkkked state, pls do not sent me off to the honors biology class for disection. I might just be hypmotized, call Marti...we were discussing taking non-credit class on hypmosis, she'll know what to do.

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today