She Swallowed the Spider to Catch the Fly....

And so it goes down here. I arrived from Memphis to a messed up house phone (ground line ) and messed up DSL. Since our local phone co doesn't deal with repair calls on weekends, today they showed up and reported that the MediaCom Cable Co messed up my underground phone line while they were installing my new Internet cable line. Thank goodness I now have both Cable account and DSL for broadband. My cable connection is working.

Phone co said they'd get in touch with cable co and have cable co repair the phone line--hope they get a better response time than homeowners typically do. I cannot make a phone call from the house or receive one--4 days now....

And on the subject of phones-----get this---I have received 4 calls on my CELL from a Global Something Prison Calling System with a collect call from an inmate in the Mobile, AL Detention Center and would I like to accept charges?????

I DON'T THINK SO......

I don't know that many people in or from Mobile , and I doubt that the few that I do know would chose me for their one phone call. So I have declined each time...but if any of you think I should accept and are willing to pay for the (overpriced) collect fees just to find out who the hell it is , just let me know and I'll accept charges next time they call.

And can you believe it, on the Golden Globe Awards (on in the background, so I can turn around and see the dresses) and Dennis Quaid just said that Brokeback Mountain was a movie that was in a catagory that rhymed with 'chick flick'...very few laughed. I think they were embarassed. I thought it was funny.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today