Whew !

I am on laptop on wireless....and I am actually sitting on the floor with the laptop in my lap. A true laptop. Heather is here at new office w/ me and we are installing software on the desktop to use here. So many updates to install whenever you have reformatted a computer and are adding biggie software. And wouldn't you know it--it is a beach day--i'd rather be lying on the beach reading one for the books I got for Xmas, but at same time, I am glad to be getting this together.
Soooooo much going on....my head is spinning.

Last nite I watched the Animal Planet show they taped in Gulf Shores about our little Zoo and the Hurricane Ivan evacuation, it is a 13 part series !! I have not watched Animal Planet before and every one i know who does is over 70, but what I have heard is that the hope is that the series will generate support amongst animal lovers for our tiny little hard-hit zoo. And while I am watching that I get a phone call to say that I am on another cable channel at same time--seems DIY Network re-ran the series that includes a 30 min show about my house. Didn't even know it was gonna run again now. Seems they showed it twice last nite. That should drive some traffic to my site. Did last time but also results in phone calls, emails, and hand written notes all wanting replies.

I think I have a few too many web projects going on right now for my ADD brain, but one got canned. And I an OK with that. The client ended up paying me 100 bucks more than I asked for , for the work done to that point. What a sweet spirit--!

Heather and I have to get all the websites migrated over from my house to the new computer at the office. And for some reason I have been unable to make any changes to the scrapbook site from any computer....keep getting Microsoft error and it shuts down....not good, not good.

This week is the Zydeco Festival in Memphis at Beale St ...I am not going...I hope Harry does as there are always extra girls who want to dance and he knows Zydeco dance. The line up of bands looks really good w/ Nathan & Zydeco Cha-Cha's as headliner. One of the Memphis zydeco dancers came by the house in G.S. this week wondering if i was going to Memphis for it. He also told me that Daphne (down here) is expanding their May zydeco festival to three days. They had great dancing music last year. Another guy came and said he saw the house in the Memphis newspaper and would I rent to him. People come to the door non-stop even tho I have two new 'Keep Out' signs.

I got several Valentines and thank every one of you....XOXOX....absolutely made my day !!

Spring is beginning here , I heard the frogs and toads had come out of the mud and croaking last nite in the warm southern breeze....always something that makes my heart sing. This is a good time of the year down here. Full of hope.

Looks like the Chamber might be developing a new catagory for shrimp festival chairmen and I am it. I offered to take over poster sales at the festival and they might let me. Up till now it came under general retail sales, but was not addressed anywhere near the potential. I see it as an opportunity to not only sell a hell of a lot more posters for the Chamber but to raise the awareness of posters as collectable wall decor and increase demand which will, of course, increase the web sales and I am on commission for online sales( I manage the Shrimp Fest merchandise site). I have a bunch of promotional ideas and am just waiting for the go-ahead to get started on them. I want every one attending to leave with a poster or the desire to own one--buy online !!!
Since, if you think about it, posters are basically a piece of paper--and the mark-up is the biggest on any single item they sell at Shrimp Fest--it only makes sense to sell the livin' daylights out of them. Even tho Shrimp Fest isn't until October, we have monthly meetings all year and they become closer together as Fest approaches. The Shrimp Fest raises the funding that pays many of the operating expenses of the Chamber here. And , as many of you know, IVAN totally canceled it in 2004.

Heather and I are working on some web pages for a pre-construction condo project on Perdido Key that has one condo per floor, 5,500 sq ft......cost ? $3,000,000 per unit. Imagine that !! I'll post a link for all you considering the investment as soon as we get it ready.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today