Memphis

I drove all Sunday and it was a pretty day for it. The stretch of 'Future I-22' that is usually mostly cows, light traffic and no police had an unexpected surprise. I got a headlight flash from an oncoming car (I love that old-fashioned warning, it is a big help) which gave me a little time to re-arrange things in the front of the car, and sure enuf, up ahead were numerous State Troopers and a roadblock where each and every one's drivers license was inspected--traffic from both directions. I noticed a few vehicles sidelined in a parking lot adjacent to the roadblock area. I was, fortunately, allowed to pass right on thru.

Another lucky break was that I called the florist Botanica in Memphis to see if by any chance someone would answer on a Sunday, or if I could leave a message. Low-and-behold, a human voice said 'Hello', so I thought I might have called the wrong number (it is a business)--she took my order for potted flowering plants in a basket so Ken could later plant them in his garden (Ken loves gardening)--and when I gave my name, the Botanica voice said she thought she knew me---turns out it was Jean Morrow, the daughter of one of my mom's close friends, Ruth Morrow. She bought Botanica about 4 years ago she said. They are known for having especially creative and unusual floral arrangements. So Jean and I had a nice visit. I saw today that my flowers got delivered and they looked wonderful.

I am staying with my parents, but got here early enuf to stop by the funeral home during the visitation time. I was glad I made it to that since I know just about everyone in Polly's family.

Polly's funeral was today at noon, was sweet and fairly short and was well attended. I got to see some old friends. Harry went too. Neither of us went to the graveside part since it was a bit of a drive away and I have promised Harry that I will empty my clothes closets and get my hot-curlers, toiletries, etc...out of his way today. HUGE job, 20 or so years of accumulated stuff (how long at Wilderwood Ln) so I am making big Goodwill bags and will return to Gulf Shores with a packed car. SO glad to have nice weather and good attitudes for all of this.

What a job !! I have clothes in all sizes !! I could open a resale shop. But just seeing all my cute small sized clothes makes me all the more determined to get back to that size. Especially my short swing-y Zydeco dancing skirts & cowboy boots.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today