South by Southwest via the Web

Are you somewhere besides Austin and missing SXSW ?

Are you out-of-it and don't know what SXSW is? Well, it is over a thousand music showcases, hundreds of film screenings, and hundreds of panels, interviews, music conversations and mentor sessions . Happens every year.

Go to http://2006.sxsw.com/music/ and look in middle of the page for a continuous stream of music from SXSW.

Harry is in Austin w/ a friend of his from Canada for SXSW, they are on their way to Tuscon, AZ for a spring practice baseball thing. Hope they have fun.

Well, I am in G.S. but able to catch a lot of the music via the web. I am listening now....as I type this and work on my tax stuff.

and if you have an ipod (I don't ) you can download a massive (2 gig +) BitTorrent file of hundreds of high quality sound files from SXSW. There is also a smaller file of fewer songs. See full WIRED article.

I have been hearing about Bit Torrent for years, and I have an mp3 player but it isn't an ipod, so I will have to see if this file is ipod specific or what, I do want to learn more about Bit Torrent. I installed the program and plan to experiment.

Email if you have good info to share w/ me about Bit Torrent (I have always like the name)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today