The Thing is just the THING..








Perfect for a beach car. Hope this raises my cool quotient.

Picked it up today. Georgous day for it too. New top, new seat covers, completely re-wired, brakes working now, new tail lights, new turn indicators, new radio, runnin' good. And an amazing thing is that just yesterday I was looking around in my mini-storge for something and spotted a new AM/FM radio and cassette player & speakers still in the box. I pulled it off a top shelf ( Who knows where it came from) and threw it on my back seat. I had no idea what I was gonna do with it, in fact, the Goodwill crossed my mind since the set doesnt' have a CD player.

When I went to ck out the car, Gary Norman, the mechanic mentioned something about radio and I said that i had one on my back seat....So see, the subconscience is a powerful thing. Undoubtably, my subconscience KNEW I'd need a radio in the Thing and now I had one on hand. Gary installed it today in the open dash area. How 'bout that? And for the concerned commenter--Gary attached it firmly w/ a bracket or something. It is just that both speakers face the passenger so he/she gets a full dose of "Sweet Home Alabama" (assuming the radio is what you are listening to) , because the driver must play it loud to hear.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Lundy,

Is the radio bolted down to something? I'd hate for you to hit the brakes and have it come flying at you, which would be fodder for a video similar to the Monkey Bicycle Safety one. I'm not sure I trust your mechanic to consider all the safety implications, although the Thing looks great! Have fun in it!

-your concerned friend

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today