Still in Boston

Today I got to sleep late....it was great.. The coffee in the room is terrible, but I think they do that on purpose so you will go downstairs to the lobby Starbucks and buy expensive coffee. But at least it is not so expensive as airport coffee. I bought one regular single serving bottle of grapefruit juice at the Charlotte (I think) airport and it was $2.75. I said 'that is ridiculous' and the clerk said 'yes it is'.

One interesting thing I have really noticed while roaming around the shops and streets of this area of Boston is that the black people are way nicer than the white or esp the Armenian looking people. If you have a black person wait on you they are noticeably friendlier. If you ask for directions or help of any kind, they go over board to draw you maps, etc...One sweet black girl at the Sony Shop, after drawing two maps, gave me her phone number and told me to call if I got lost. Some of the white people are very short and snippy. None of the blacks.

The weather today is suppose to be the highest of the week--mid 60's. Rather cool climate up here. TV weather says it is warmer inland , the sea locations are colder, opposite of Alabama, where the Southern breeze is warmer off the water, except in mid-summer, when the coast is cooler than inland.

And speaking of Alabama, today's USA-Today newspaper has a big double spread of the safest places to live. Looks like Alabama, even with the hurricanes is safer than most. They have all states categorized by Lightening, Thunderstorms, Ice Storms, Tsunamis, Volcanic Eruptions, Earthquakes, River Valley Flooding, Wildfires & Fire Storms, Flash Floods, Blizzards, Tornadoes, Monsoons, HailStorms, and something called Nor'easters--(which I thought were people). Even in the Heat Wave category, they show just about everything east of Texas--except Alabama!!
Of course this mapping did not include the Safe from Rednecks category.

I am now gonna head over to the lobby Starbucks to see if I can get one of the rich hot choclate things that Carol Mc told me about. She says they don't like to make them but the thing is fabulous.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today