My Entertaining Mail

It is a good thing that I bother to open my mail. Being paperwork challanged as I am, this task is sometimes overlooked and doesn't always happen in a timely maner, but today, I brought it in out of the car this afternoon and opened the envelopes at 8 P.M.

My house (home office) phone bill was $251.36 so of course that caught my eye, esp considering that I have free unlimited long-distance on my ground line since I hve this DSL package. Upon closer inspection , I see that it says :

Current amount: 127.52
Past due amount: 123.84

Total amount $251.36
Due upon receipt --$1.50 plus 1/5 % interest charged on past due balance.

Do not pay this invoice--Your credit card will be automatically charged on the due date above. If your date falls on a weekend or holiday, your acount will be deducted the following working day, bla bla, if you have any questions call bla bla...

Your acount is past due. Full payment of your past due amount should be made immediately to aviod temp interruptionof your service, bla bla bla...

(Italics mine)

This makes NO SENSE....my account is on auto charge and has been for ever.

and in a second envelope, the City of Gulf Shores informs me that on Saturday, my trash container was observed at the garbage collection point for longer than 24 hours. (Pick up is Friday. ) It goes on to say that if I repeat this violation, the container will be returned to BFI (they don't seem to know that BFI changed it's name about a year ago) and it will be held for 14 days and if I don't pay the $25 container return fee, it will be destroyed . Whoa !

My brand new, shiny post-hurricane BFI wheeled cart will be destroyed ? And this 24 hour thing is news to me.....nevermind that we had the first real rain in 50+ days and 30 mile per hour wind that day.... AND that I was very careful to make sure that I did NOT put my BFI container in the part of the easement often used as a bike path (as a biker, I am sensitive to that).
At least I can see my tax dollars in action. On a Sat. no less !
I might call Norman H. Anthony , who signed the letter on behalf of the City of G.S. and tell him that if he runs for mayor, I will vote for him as it is obvious that he is ON THE BALL !

Comments

Anonymous said…
Don't you love it? You'd think they'd still be busy with hurricane cleanup, or perhaps disaster recovery planning for the oncoming hurricane season, and they're threatening to remove your new garbage can (which I was so proud of obtaining for you after I lost the lid to your old one!) Well, at least you don't have the Ford Family and dead people (coincidentally buried by NJ Ford Funeral Home) who continue to vote! Or maybe you DO have something equally idiotic. Like holding garbage cans hostage. I'll stay anonymous for fear of retaliation. Good luck wading through all the government and corporate beauracracy...you'll need it.

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today