Cool Birds in the Yard




I love living on the water. There have been great birds hanging about lately. All sorts of woodpeckers including this pileated woodpecker who had this large black bird buddy that he was hanging out with. Where ever the woodpecker flew, the blackbird followed, from tree to tree and back again. I took these photos thru the kitchen window as I poured my coffee.

Then, on the property next door, every day this huge hawk like bird (I'll have to look him up in one of the books) sits on the high branches of these pines. I didn't have fresh batteries in my 10X zoom yesterday, only my 3X , so these were the best shots I could get. You may have to click on the far-away shot of the tall trees to see the bird in the tree on the right.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Your huge hawk like bird is non other than an Osprey. Congrats on your new neighbor!
Lundy Wilder said…
Thanks--he was out there on the same branch just now as I was readingthis comment, drinking my coffee. I can always hear his chirpy voice thru my concrete DAC-ART walls and that is unusual. They are very sound proof when the windows are closed. I switched to A/C a few days ago.. he is so large, that if he fliew of, I can spot him in flight for a long time as he circles the rim of the lagoon, usually just going so far, then turning back this way.
I have not seen snakes this year, maybe he is one of the reasons.... (off topic...I still see a good many foxes too)

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today