Dropped from YPN today

I got the same bad news letter that numerous other web publishers received. My account was canceled due to one of four listed reasons. One was poor quality traffic. I know that was not it. The only one that made any possible sense was for international traffic. Yahoo wants only USA folks to see its ads. Most of my traffic to the 6 pages that I had YPN ads on was USA traffic, very little from outside the States. BUT...my site is hosted in Vancouver....so I believe that triggered a filter. Too bad. YPN is still in Beta, so there is some hope that once it comes out of Beta that I can get back in, but since I am not a programmer, it would be outside the scope of what I am capable of doing myself to serve one page to visitors with a USA IP address and a different page to non-USA visitors. And actually, that is a type of cloaking, so not something I want to go into lightly.

So tonight I replaced my YPN ads with Google Adsense ads....one just hates to have all of one's eggs in one basket.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today