Great Opportunity

Whoever thought this out and put it in to practice nationwide initially is shear genius.
It has all come together for me tonight.

One of the American people's many shortcomings
is the fact that we usually speak only one language. Solution below:

So what If every consumer label, set of warranty or written instructions, was a mini language lesson for those hard headed,
ingrown-eyeball Americans?

IN one single manufactured item, like my new $26 Squirrel=proof Stop-A-Squirrel Feeder I have, the
First grade level of 'Hello and thank you for
purchasing", then I have the
" Intermediate" section of " "Bird Feeding Tips", moving on to
"Senior Level" "Assembly Instructions" and finishing off with
"Post Grad Level w/emphasis on Law Especially"Level....the Warranty

...so there it is, in 3 columns, across on every page, 2 foreign languages, start to graduation

ENGLISH FRANCAIS ESPANOL

So after this revelation, I will no longer be irritated buy all the extra text on product labels and instructions and look at it as a great new free opportunity to learn the names of household items and
goodness knows whatever else consumer products in all three languages, and take it as far as I want by buying difficult to assemble, but made in America (so the translations would be more likely to be correct) items.

ne laissez pas tomber le hairdryer dans la baignoire

no caiga el hairdryer en bañera

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well, maybe I'm a bigot, but I've been irritated lately by the fact that I usually have to choose english or spanish on phone trees, ATM, etc. I think as an American, the default language should be English. Sure, give Spanish speaking americans an option, but don't make me push an extra key. Plus with all this technology, shouldn't they know when I scan my credit card at the grocery that I speak English???

I'm all into reducing keystrokes! And reducing my listening to robots!

Love spanish & mexican people, and they seem to appreciate my feeble efforts at "gracias" or "cervesa, por favor", but let's be real - well, never mind. I'm probably just a narrow minded old woman. Love fish taco's though. They have finally arrived in Memphis, but come to find out, they are really from Calif., not Mexico. And love you Lundy, for all your incongruous ideas!

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today