In the News--for REAL !

Well, today is the day when 2 years ago Miller died in the plane crash. Off the scale sad. Couple days ago, I was in the blow-up pool and dosed off and immediately, I was standing on a dirt road out in flat green fields at a crossroads and Miller was walking towards me and he had Brewer with him and he was bringing Brewer to see me, like "look Mom, it's Brewer, and he is 10 yrs older now" and I moved my arms and they went into the water and it woke me up immediately. It was so real and so strange. The scene was just like out of the movie Crossroads

For anyone who doesn't know, Brewer was my firstborn son, who drown at age 15, about 12 years ago.

BTW--thanks all dear friends for your sweet calls and emails today XoXoX.

On a lighter note, the news story about fake toenails went out to 40 newspapers--you may have read about the writer contacting me a week or so ago. I play only a minor role in this hot topic news piece, but still, I am sure that Miller would have been proud to know that his Momma was someone who was sought out by people from around the world and across the globe for fascinating tidbits of information and to liven up their existence. I can hardly believe it--another 15 minutes of fame !!

I have moved out of my West Beach office. It took all afternoon last Friday to do it all by myself. I went to Office Depot the day before and got a very simple computer desk (which had to be assembled !!! of course) for the 3rd bedroom at the Hardwood Dr house and set the computer equipment and all the extras up over there. I went by Gulftel and canceled the DSL account on West Beach and had them add it to my Hardwood phone line. If we were to have a storm, West Beach would be the very first place to have the electricty cut off (to prevent fires ) and the very last to have electricity restored if we had damage. After IVAN, I lived at the Hardwood Dr house for a month w/ electricity most of that time while there was neither phone nor electricity on the south side of Ft.Morgan. So really, moving the ofice to the 3rd bedroom over there, only makes sense and will save me money.

But, as of last night, I could not get the DSL to work--seems like it wanted to--and I was just too sleepy to call tech support and dig into it, and cable high speed is still turned on, so I suppose I will head over there in a few minutes and try to get it all worked out so I can cancel the cable high speed. Oh, and get this---my new little VAIO was picking up a wireless connection from who-knows-where. It said it was a weak signal, but worked fine just the same, no password necessary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today