Alabama Coastal Foundation


At dawn the osprey was already out in a tree chirping.



Yesterday my osprey was around a lot and my friend Joy from Memphis got to watch him fly patterns around the property.

Today Alabama Coastal Foundation board member, Joe McEnerney and Executive Director, Cathy Barnette came out to my place to see where the osprey hangs out and see about placing an osprey nesting platform in the yard. It would be close to the water and numbered, for the Alabama osprey trail. Boy Scouts make and position the osprey nests on tall poles. I might be able to mount a webcam directed at the nest.

Joe seems to think that my osprey is world famous since he saw the osprey's photos on this blog !

The osprey flew around today with a fairly small fish and landed in a tall tree in the abandoned subdivision to the west of me to eat it. I drew a pink circle around the bird in the dead tree. Also shown is a close-up of him in the tree.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today