Good Gas Milage

My VW Thing does not have a gas guage. I had been running around in it for a few weeks and had no idea how much gas I had left. Pulling into the Chevron, I figured I'd add gas until the nozzle shut off to get some idea how much of the 10 gal tank I had used. It shut off at 42 cents worth of gasoline. I wondered if that were accurate, so I adjusted the position of the handle and tried again, I could only add 6 more cents worth for a total of 48 cents.

I think I will be driving the Thing more and more now that it is proving to be reliable. I stayed pretty close to home in it at first.

Remember the old VW Bug TV commercial where the guy hollered out the window "2 pennies a mile"?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today