Memphis

I drove to Memphis on Sunday. Made it in 7 and one half hours. I arrived to some lovely weather and it is a good thingh since the A/C for the upstairs in my parents house is out. I opened the windows and it has been cool enuf outside for a perfect temp upstairs. I think the A/C is out in the guesthouse too. I have been keeping the doors open in there and it is musty and needs some fresh air anyway.

I am on dial-up here and it is so slow. Plus, the phone jacks are in odd places, so I am having to sit on the floor in the upstairs hall w/ my itty bitty laptop perched on an empty box beteween my legs and the mini-mouse on the rug beside it. Not too comfortible, so mostly I justy ck email and do minimum computer time.

I am rather slow going thru these packed put boxes of Miller's belongings. I have found all sortsd of electronic stuff. Some I can't figure out whast it is or does. I have one Uniden device that has a screen and clips on a belt loop it looks like and has a speaker....still don't know what it does.

I found, not only our old Canon camcorder ( I had wondered what happened to it) but also a later model SHarp ViewCam w/ 16X optical zoom. I searched around on the web last night to get some idea how old it was and it seems to be from 1999-2000. People paid up to 5 or 6 hundred dollars at that time and seemed pleased w/ the product. Of course Sharp no longer supports it, so there waS nothing on their website. I have one of the rechargable batteries charging now, so maybe I can maker a little video of the place my folks are movingto and uploadf it to YouTube or similar. Might have to wait until I am back in Gulf Shores to upload video tho...dial-up here is too slow, esp on UPloads. In fact, the whole dial-up experience is so slow, it is almost useless unless you want to spend a day doing click-and-wait.

I cleaned about 4 lbs of shrimp this morning and am going to the grocery & taking Daddy w/ me. Errands like this take a good bit of time, so I am not getting the boxes dealt with as quickly as I'd like. Plus, I get fascinated by what is in them and spend a fair amount of time reading. I do have two big trash bags full and a big box for Goodwill and one for the ebay drop-off store I spotted yesterday.

I may locate the nearest coffee shop w/ wireless...this dial-up is making me crazy. I have to wait about 4 or 5 min for every screen of blogger to download and display , just to do THIS post, even w/ just one browser window open. I am on Earthlink and it says 50.6 kbps transfer. I am also just so use to having 5 or more browser windows open at once and switching from one to another doing several things at once.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

What are they THINKING ?