I'm Alive


Well, I have been receiving calls, emails and such asking if I am OK. Yes, I am OK. Just so busy that I do not have even a second of time to look at fun stuff on the web much less report about it.
Today is Sat, and I had to rush over sans make-up to finish doing concrete acid stain decorative work on the top row of blocks that go just under the cornice. The guys stacked those blocks as soon as I finished them.
I have put my time into dealing with all these web issues that have come up and with doing what I must do on the house project. There is a ton of stuff that I'd LIKE to do on the house project but just cant squeeze it all in.

The tax time thing is taking a lot of time too. Even tho I have a local CPA firm handling my bookkeeping and tax stuff, they need to be fed the info they need to do their job and that seems to take a lot of time lately.

Plus I may have to pay some taxes and that mortifies me.

I have the main east and west frieze block course of the house done and it is already stacked. Looks good. See how this concrete acid stained frieze looks here.

I am trying to keep this website up to date and it takes a lot of time on top of the regular stuff.

I am making an all out attempt to rent the condos this summer. Cant sell them, Nothing is selling. I ordered stuff from Oriental Trading and bought dollar store beach toy stuff and my offer is a big beach bag filled with cool stuff for adults and kids to anyone who rents my condos for a week or more. I also told the condo management co to make whatever deals they could to keep them rented. Over 3000 new condos were added to the rental pool down here last year. Now comes the high price gasoline thing, and my rentals are way down. The condos are not making a profit, not at all. It is expensive to own them and I cant sell them right now.

Speaking of taxes, i went to the Foley satellite courthouse and had this math done on real estate print-outs to petition my taxes on the Lagoon property. The guy was great. Then the Village condo (Miller's condo) tax hearing was the next week way up in Bay Minette at the county seat. I did some paperwork, scanned it and sent it to another owner of a condo there and she took it to the hearing in my behalf. I am so grateful that I didn't have to go myself.

This website thing w/ the end of Front Page has been awful. Heather has been working all day, every day. In some cases we just don't know what to do to re-build various sites with the same functionality we had before and not do anything to lose the search engine rank we have achieved.

I have just been so busy that it is not fun. I know there is light at the end of the tunnel and am hanging my hopes on that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today