November Notes

I am sorry that I have no time to add amusing stuff to this blog anymore...maybe this time next year.
Evey moment of my waking time is needed for stuff I have to do.
Today is Sunday and I used a hose attachment to squirt water on the exterior of the new house as high as possible to see if there are any skipped or missed places in the waterproofing sealant...there are. I would wet an area dn then take a photo really fast before it evaporated. I can reference the photos tomorrow spraying from the man-lift as we have one more day before it is picked up by the rental company.,

We had it for 2 months this time, I probably should have bought one !

I think I have sold the crane..YEAH !! One of the equipment listing companies that is used to large dealers listing their stuff for sale, Equipment Trader, or maybe it is Machinery Trader, anyway, the first listing is free. I only needed one. They had something like 22 pieces of equip. in my category (rough terrain crane) but I got a call the first day. I have only had one call but it is a good one. They have my bank info and are suppose to transfer the money in and send a trucking co to pick it up after I see the $ in the bank. The fellow who works at this Wichita, KS equip. dealer is real nice and has sent me photos of his lake house that he has been working on for some time now. He calls it a lake 'cabin' but that is like Villa Lagoon being a concrete 'cottage' . Anyway--I will be ck'ing online to see if the funds are deposited a couple times a day starting tomorrow.
It is a wonderful thing to sell the crane in this market. Someone told me on Fri that people they know were going to Louisiana to buy heavy equipment at an auction since it is all selling so cheap right now.

Today I placed a bid on a kitchen sink on ebay. About half of what the kitchen supply places sell it for. It only comes in 3 colors so I will buy the white speckled one. I like the black but it would be the only black thing in the kitchen and would look odd. Speaking of kitchen, Valerie and Billy of J and J Custom Woodworking are making my curvy kitchen cabinets and curvy island. I have to figure out about countertops. We cannot get the Cert. of Occupancy inspection w/ out the sink being set. The inspectors are being real nice about working with us to let us know exactly what HAS to be done and what we can let slide till we get to it. We HAVE to have our CO by Dec. 31 st and everyone knows how Gov't offices basiclaly shut down in Dec. (ever had a court date in Dec,... prob not).
I went to look at some huge quartzite slabs in the Summerdale/Robertsdale area that were suppose to be aqua blue-ish. They were not, they were grey-ish. Two that matched were basically grey streaks and one odd one did have blue in it, but the blue was dark cobalt specks, like milky way streaks and not the turquoise color I had hoped for. Besides, I couldnt afford it anyway.
So now I am leaning towards using my solid color cement tiles on the counter tops. Trouble is that I do not have time to order them special for my job and I will have to use some that are suppose to go on the floor.

Aaron (our carpenter) has finished my sturdy wood storage ranks for my tile samples in the basement, so I will begin digging thru the tile in the container tomorrow. I need to make room for a sample ordeer that will be delivered in next few weeks and it will be a huge help to be able to grab samples and pop themin the mail w/out digging. Th etil eis so incredibly heavy that is is on eay task to find what you are looking fo rin the storage container.

The 'sheetrockers' have started, they got the main bedoorm ceiling started on Fri. and they want to be fisnihed on Tues. so I have to be there all day to do stuff like sprinkl;e a line of boric acid powder in the area between the interior walls as they work. I also want to try to foam insulate the wall of the laundry room and hall to living room, for noise sake. Working w/ my magnesium oxide wallboard is not easy. It doesnt score and break like gypsumboard and they have to use screws instead of nails. We had to hire commercial rather than residential crews for it.

OK--now time for me to edit a bunch of photos and get them up on www.ConcreteCottage.com tonight.

Did see an excellent film the other night. The Counterfeiters, aka Der Fälscher. Had some Russian it it, also German, English, Hebrew w/ subtitles. Dave was translating the Russian parts. True story--"Stefan Ruzowitzky’s stark and intriguing evocation of a largely unknown area of Second World War German history: the use of skilled prisoners to create counterfeit currency for Operation Bernhard, a plan to flood the British and American economies with fake cash". Pretty sad movie, made me cry a couple times. If I taught school it is one of those films that I would show my history students.

OK--got to get busy--if you want to see more of what is going on here, take a look at www.ConcreteCottage.com as that is where most of my 'web' time goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today