Still Alive and Kickin'

I am shocked, can't believe that Blogspot even still exists. And I can't believe that my own original blog still exists.  Flash forward a bazillion years, and as I have given up on FB, I am thinking of posting to my old fun blog instead. I actually had a few followers way back when.

It is 2020 and we are in Corona Virus lock-down. Sort of. We are mostly staying home bu tthankfully Lowe's is still open and it is Spring and the garden dept is in FULL Tilt Boogle !

Ken and I are trying to reclaim the so-called garden from last years overgrowth. I sat here trying to think of the best word. Started to say 'disaster'. But in light of the 'pandemic' maybe 'disaster' is too strong of a word for a garden.

We had a summer, last summer, of record high temps, at least record high for our old bodies, and we let the garden GO ! We lost a lot of great perennials but maybe they weren't well suited for here. Most summers are quite a bit cooler than summers in, say...B'ham, Memphis, Montgomery, etc...but last year...NO...it was Hades warmed over warmed up. Too hot, we just didn't care what happened to the garden.



Ken and I spent January & Feb in Ajijic, Mexico. Soooo glad we drove home before all this virus thing happened. It was a 4 day drive down with our two dogs and a three day drive back for all 4 of us. I will never do it in three days again. Four is the minimum !!! We enjoyed a wonderful drive through central Mexico, seeing wild topography that neither of us had seen before. It was an amazing adventure. The MX toll roads made it a pleasure.
We left before Christmas, around Dec. 18, and arrived in time to have Christmas lunch at a waterside wild place with free boat rides, MX music, fish lunches, and fiberglass jungle animals.


Spending the winter in Ajijic, MX was a real  treat. We just got a wild hair and decided to rent a house and drive down. We were lucky to find the most Instagramable house ever which was also 'dog friendly' .



Well, got home end of Feb. now it is mid-March. Lots to catch up on in the last few years !!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today