Boston

I arrived in Boston yesterday after a long day of the joys of modern travel. Yesterday was also the day of the Boston Marathon, so it was just as well that I got here early evening. My hotel, the Prudential Sheraton is right on the race path . It is a humongous hotel w/ two tall towers, I am in a great corner room that is way big. Ralph Lauren interiors. In on the 24th flooor. The hotel is mostly full of runners and their families. Lots of people w/ foreign accents.

The lobby computers have been down and the lady at the front desk is very argumentative--she could use a refresher course in customer service, that is for sure. When she is told that the computers are off line, she says that they are not...like she can see from 50 ft away. And she is rude about being wrong even.

Anyway--the computers finally all came back to connectivity at once.

I went off and left the correct power supply cord for mylaptop in Gulf Shores, so I am using the lobby computer. I hope I can find somewhere around here that sells computer stuff so i can buy a cord. I lugged that heavy old laptop all thru the long airport corridors and a multitude of check-you-in-and-out lines.

Today is the talk by Malcome Gladwell at the WebmasterWorld Search Conference so I need to run across the street to the convention center where I think it is all happening. He is the keynote speaker. More later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today