Rita in Gulf Shores Alabama


Little Lagoon photos first...



It is mid afternoon here and the water is very rough. We've had BIG wind now for about 12 hrs. Little Lagoon has been over our bulkhead now for two days---over our new grass !!! This storm is moving slowly and keeping the water pushed up high for a long time. St Augustine grass can take a certain amount of salt, but the longer it is under salt water, the less likely it is to live thru it. We are on the east side of the storm, so that is the bad side. My pedal boat is tied up to the new extra sturdy flag pole that Harry put up after Katrina. The poor tree roots tat are exposed was one in the ground. Repeated hurricanes have erroded all the sand and soil and the tree is long since dead.

We are currently having tornado warnings.

I have photos but for some reason, blogger won't publish them at the moment. I've tried both FireFox and IE.
Solution: I put the photos on a different server and linked to them.

Public Beach in Gulf Shores at Hwy 59

About 4 pm I went up to the public beach area--very grey--BIG wind, hard to stand or walk on the beach. Lots of airborne sand so I feared for my camera. There were a few people in cars in the parking lot watching from there. Only one guy was out on the sand near me. It started raining hard for the first time so I got soaked.

I ran a few errands and on the way home the sun was peeking out again between the dark clouds. The rain and clouds are in bands that sweep thru.

We have a:
Coastal Flood Warning
Wind Advisory
Flood Watch
Tornado Advisory

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today