The Thing makes contact.



A week ago Friday, I was on my way up to the Chamber and I pulled out of the nearby shopping center parking lot between Rite-Aid and Burger King, making a left onto Ft. Morgan Rd near the Ft. Morgan/Hwy 59 intersection. Unfortunately, a big ole GMC SUV decided to pull out of the rt hand turning lane and whip around a car that had slowed to turn.

The turning lane he was in is new this summer and is not marked as a turning lane, so people who come off Hwy 59 are confused and not sure what lane to be in. That is what this guy had done, and he failed to see that I was coming out of the parking lot, since to me it appeared to me that all visible cars were turing in the driveway I was exiting.

He pulled out quickly around the car in front of him and was close to being past me when I caught the last foot of his car. I was breaking with all my might, but I only had a few feet in which to stop. Crunch....

Just made me sick. The bumper was mashed into the tire, so I got the policeman to give me a ride home. Heather's husband , Russ, drove me back up there and we took a sledgehammer. He pounded the bumper and fender out so my tire would turn and I drove The Thing on home.

I'll have to order a fender from The Thing shop out in Arizona and hope that Heather's Dad at Gary's Garage can straighten out my trunk lid over the fender. If not, it may stay closed for a long time. But, I don't want the car to spend the rest of the summer in Gary's shop, so I plan to see if I can get he headlight working enuf to be legal and I'll get it fixed when it turns cold.

Guess that will be the time to also have it re-painted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today