Left Hand-Right Hand


Left Brain-Right Brain

On Wed when I went to Mobile, I went to the hands-on fun science museum called The Explorium. I had long wanted to go there. My scientific friend Keith and I got there late afternoon so there were no kid's school groups there and it was basically our playground for about an hour and half. That place is GREAT ! They have Imax, but we didn't do that.

One little exhibit item was especially fascinating to me. It had a mirror and a brass plate with a star engraved into it. The idea is to trace the star w/ a wired stylus while looking into the mirror. Your line of direct sight is blocked. The thing is wired like the game 'Operation' so that a buzzer goes off when you veer from the path.

I am right handed, so I might have expected to be more adept in acomplishing the task w/ my right hand--but no--amazingly, I did so-so w/ right hand and even got to a turn in the path where it seemed impossible to make my hand push the stylus in the correct direction.

One the other hand (pun :o) --I did quite well (for a first timer) w/ my left hand.

Now it is true that I am a ambidextrous mouser. I use dueling side-by-side computers w/ a mouse in each hand, so I have some practice w/ hand-eye coordination w/ left hand. But this exercise was different, and the results surprised me.

I want to construct a similar box and use tracing shapes of various designs to as a brain exercise. I don't need the extra drama of the electrified buzzzzzzz since you are looking to see if you are doing any good w/ the attempt to follow the design's path. I could actually FEEL brain cells working while doing the little exercise !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today