Mardi Gras Purse

Click for large PHOTO !

In case you are not aware--it is Mardi Gras time down here. It is a BIG DEAL all along the Gulf Coast. Too bad it hasn't caught on further north.

Anyway....Inspired by the car on the sidewalk in Mobile at the Explorium (see post & photos from this week), I decided to buy a 10 dollar purse today from my fashion headquarters , Wal-Mart, and decorate it for use during Mardi Gras. Originally, I was looking for a plain-ish small--ish purse that I could wear to Mardi Gras festivities and on bicycle slung across my body diagonally (Europerean style, I might add). I needed one that was roomy enuf to hold my phone, camera, sm. lady-like Swiss Army knife, various odd things, and my fashion headquarters had this dandy one. I was even already in the check-out line when it 'dawned' on me that I could certainly jazzzzzzzz it up a bit with a little paint. So I ran back to isle #12044 in the land of crafts and grabbed squirt paint.

Today was a beautiful, sunny, warm, breezy day so a sitting-on-the-porch project was a great idea. I have no tan, by the way, it is gone ! I need some sun on my legs, so I spent about an hour in the sun dabbing thick paint from tiny squirt bottles on my W-M genuine vinyl purse. I even put my name along one side....tres chic, nes pas?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today