Sisters, etc....

Cary in Knoxville sent an email recounting a fixture wiring episode in our family home that I thought was worth posting here.

Your new fixture is beautiful and great colors. Enjoyed the instalation
description. Glad what happened to ME the time YOU told me how to re-wire
the hall closet light on Massey did NOT happen to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You did not say to go flip the power off to that closet light! I lived-
maybe that's why I feel like my brain is fried sometimes.
As I had no memory of the event, I replied to her:

Ohhhhoooo...i am soooo sorry--actually i have no recolection of that...but obviously you were impacted to a degree that helped you remember it more than me !!
I have to post your comments on the blog...soooo funny., L
glad you lived

Cary replied:
What a Shock !!!!!
I was standing on a stool with my head up in the top of that tiny linen
closet and you hollered at me what to do then left on a date.
Moral of the story--Don't take wiring advice from a flippant teen.


I have decided that the chandelier is hanging too high in the room. I used every possible inch of the wire that was pre-wired thru the center post. So I went back to the hardware store for additional wire and chain and I think I will just splice in some additionsal length w/ wire nuts up at the top since one cannot see the upper portion of the glass segments anyway and that was not have to re-wire the whole thing. I will have to take it down tho to do all this.

But today my Memphis guest, Carol and I are off to an afternoon Mardi Gras parade on Dauphin Island. The ferry is back in service, so we will take the Ft. Mogan ---Dauphin Island boat ride and that will be fun. After recent ferry disaster news, I think I will hang out near the life perservers. Hopefully I will be able to post Mardi Gras photos soon.

Yesterday we put the new copier / laser printer & UPS battery back-up, surge protector in the West Beach office and moved things around a bit. I got word that my DSL should be working over there by early next week and surprise, I also found out last night from a condo owner that the office area is a unsecured wireless hot spot !!! So that is another option.

Comments

Anonymous said…
From Carol:

It was too cool for the Mardi Gras parade, so Lundy and I just hung around here instead, doing wiring projects and other exciting things...Lundy can do ANYTHING she sets her mind to. She inspires me.

Back home in the morning. It's been a fantabulous trip to the beach!

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today