Beautiful Sunday Here

Sho makes me glad I don't live up north. All those stories about ice and snow and power outages. I can live without electricity--but not when I am cold and or in a place w/ out woodburning stove. A little cooler here than it has been, but now sunny and in the 50's. With my all window house, I am real tuned into the weather--but then I suppose everyone is no matter where they are.

Was suppose to go to Bon Secour Wildlife Refuge & take bikes yest w/ extremely knowledgeable friend nature enthusiast Keith, but yest was rainy and cold so we rescheduled for Wed. Keith knows birds, all of them. And I want to add some birdwatching info to my site about Gulf Shores. It is big business here--people come from all over and there is this thing called The Alabama Birding Trail.

I have really been enjoying the three magazines that sister, Cary, picked up for me in Munich a week or so ago. Italian and one French home decor and architecture magazines. They are the big, heavy types, one is the Italian version of Architectural Digest. Sure was sweet of her to lug those heavy things thru airport corridors and then mail them to me. She went to Munich to help out with a Young Life event.

I went thru one of the magazines last night and made a whole web page w/ links to Italian door manufacturers. Seems that Italians don't just accept nondescript builder-grade doors in their homes, but shop for doors, both interior and exterior as major components, lending a distinct flair to a home's decor. I agree-if you think about it, a room's door is like one big piece of wall art that isn't going anywhere and is viewed 27/7. Not only that, but in terms of how often a door is actually used as a tool--why not make it something that brings you great joy. I know that in the Hotel Balestri in Florence, I will always remember the quality of the heavy modern French doors that accessed the balcony from the hotel room. You forget tons of little experiences from a long trip--but I remember those doors from 5 yrs ago.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today