Peddle Boat

Thanks to OH-SO-HELPFUL and energetic bro Stephen, we , or rather, he drilled out the rivets and investigated the problems w/ my hurricane-ill peddle boat. Seems the problem is really with the rudder assembly, not the rudder control system as we previously thought. We think there might be an "O" ring that has shredded in the rudder stack that is just causing friction. I plan to call the manufacturer and ask questions. The co that made mine was sold off to a small outfit that is very nice about chatting with you about specific components and maintanence issues.
So my lime green boat is no longer an eyesore, sitting on the road side of my house, out of harms way (read--storm's way). One problem is that I no longer have a boat ramp due to IVAN and Katrina. Two have been destroyed, so I'll have to build another, from purchased wood this time, as all usable wood has been scavaged already. Just getting heavy , long boards out here from HD or Lowes is difficult.
For now, I will have to keep it up on the grass, move it around so the grass is not killed under it, and have two people around to get it in and out of the water if any kind of a storm is coming, otherwise it will slam against the little seawall and get beat-up.

And thanks to Hunter and Stewart (my two new slaves ;o), my petunia bloomin' window boxes are in place for the summer. I always wait until it is mostly A/C time to put them up. I have plenty of other windows to open , but those three facing north provide nice breeze and can't be opened with the windowboxes on the deep sills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today