Phone Crazy

About the time my cell phone battery gives up the ghost I always find that for same price or less than the cost of the battery, I can get a new up-dated phone. This is not always a great idea, I am learning.

I thought it might be neat to have a phone w/ a camera and if I ever travel abroad , I SWEAR, I will take a phone w/ international capabilities (my old one wasn't). So I thought getting a nice shiny free camera flip phone would be the thing. Wrong.

Maybe I will grow to like it, but it is like getting used to an artificial leg at first. Nothing on this LG phone works or is even called by the same names as my old Nokia.

I was told that if I drove up to the 'official' Cingular store they would swap the address book chips for me, but I mistakenly thought that I could weed out old useless numbers by reading the info off the old phone and entering the names and numbers by hand. It is day 3 and I am on the K's and my head hurts.
.
My advice, no matter how long the drive or how bad the traffic, go to the official store and swap chips.

My old Nokia had a vibrate function and would dance all over the place. This new one, is a very lady like vibrator....it's vibrate mode is barely noticible, even in my shorts pocket. My old phone would light up along both sides when ringing, made it really easy to spot it in a dark purse. New phone, ... it has a tiny light that you can see after you have the phone in your hand.

I sat w/ the instruction book tonight for about 30 min and finally got the ringer turned up loud enuf to hear I think. Mostly, I have spend the last 3 days returning Missed Calls.

I hate to say that I hate my new phone, but I think I do. It can do all sorts of stuff that requires a magnifying glass to acomplish. It probably figures betting odds and such, but I will be lucky to make outgoing phone calls successfully.
The text is so much smaller and the "0"s have a line thru them so you CANNOT tell them from "8"s without going up a strength in reading glasses and w/out them it is hopeless.

If you don't hear from me, you'll know why.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I did the same with the same results. The stupid battery lasts about 2 days. I'm taking this thing back and jamming it up someone's butt. Even if I have to pay for the Nokia, that's what I'm leaving there with. Wait till you see the rebate "check". It looks like a credit card but the fine print says that there "might be additional fees". I'm steamed. Follow up visit to doc today. Let you know.
GWCFT

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today