California Dreamin'

It was so strange, all last week, I had these vivid dreams that took place in California. And I have never been to California ! Well, almost....once, when I was in college, I pretended to be asleep on a Brannif flight that went thru Dallas (where I was suppose to get off to get a connection) so I could fly on out to Los Angeles. When I got to the LA airport, I placed a payphone collect call back to my dorm room so my roommate could hear the operator's voice say 'I have a collect call from Los Angeles for Lundy from Bob Dylan".....of course she was so very excited , but as I was not there, she declined to accept the charges.

I was put on a Brannif return flight immediately to Dallas as I recall, and I suppose I got a connection on to my final destination.
Imagine the days when one would opt for extra hours on airplanes just to do a practical joke on your roommate ! Traveling was a different experience back then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today