How Does it Know ?


This morning, I am sitting at computer, phone rings, and low-and-behold, a pop-up bubble shows up on the monitor of my new computer that tells me my phone is ringing and who is calling. Never seent hat before--ever. I don't even have the DSL line plugged in at the moment (phone lines were messed up a few days ago)--so, How on earth does it know?

I just called myself using my cell to call the ground line and took a screenshot of the monitor.

The computer is hooked to the web by cable at the moment, so I don't know how it is communicating with my phone ground line, but it is and it is giving me caller ID. Anyone else have this 'feature' ?

And don't tell me to click the little icon on the systray--it is gone once the bubble is gone ! Tried to call myself a second time so I could click the green circle icon while the cellphone was ringing, but it didn't display that time...weird....

Must be that there is a phone line going to it thru the UPS that I can use for dial-up connections should both DSL & cable fail me. Maybe it is a 'feature' of WinXP Media Edition, which this new computer is running.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today