Learn from my mistakes


Well, computers just require constant additional purchases. And present constant headaches.

The keyboard that came with Gracie is longer than my other two VAIO ones. So I figured I'd swap out for the older one so I'd have room for the right and left mouse on my slide-out keyboard tray desktop thing.

Soooooo, i go around back and unplus the PS/2 keyboard and plug in the old one--it wont' work, so i figure, OK, maybe it is new-fangled and only the one that came with it will do. So I plug the original one back in, now it won't work either.

I reboot, try this and that. I go to Usenet and do some reading and i see where someone says 'never swap out keyboards with the machine on or you can cause damage".

Looks like the damage is to the machine since I took both keyboards over to the Granny house and tried them on Big Momma and both work.

Soooo, I had to go buy a USB keyboard today , which I am typing on now, and it works just fine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today