Flash from the Past

Anyone who was a teen or older in the 70's will remember the then scandalous book, The Happy Hooker.
While on the phone with the newspaper writer who contacted me about using fake toenails when one was re-growing from damage, I mentioned that I was in a hotel elevator in 1976 in San Jose , Costa Rica w/ Xavier Hollander who was on a book promotion tour and I noticed how shabby her toenails looked and always remembered. She was riding up from the pool as I recall and had on flip-flops.
Anyway--News reporter Dru Sefton wrote back to me to say that out of curiosity, she had done a bit of web research and found The Happy Hooker's website and contacted her. Seems she is still happy and lives in Amsterdam and southern Spain. She runs what she describes as an 'unusual' bed and breakfast in Amsterdam and invited Dru and any of her close friends to come for a stay.

The (Now Older) Happy Hooker

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today