Just the Restaurant We Needed Here





A new restaurant has opened down here and it is the buzz totally amongst locals. I have been three times in 2 weeks. The food, prices, menu and service are great and we want to keep the tourists from finding our about it ! Therefore I will not be blabbing its name on the tourist oriented websites and anyone who wants me to tell them where it is, must take me there !! There is no parking in front street-side, so this will help in not calling attention to the success of it.

The guy who has opened it has done stints at several of the better local restaurants, Bayside Grill, Bistro & Bakery and others. Each dish comes on its own special plate or platter. the crabcakes are the best I have had in a restaurant here and they come on bright red triangular plates with a yellow scalloped detail on the edge. Even the drinks come in special glasses, each giving a certain flair to the cocktail. They make up their own BloodyMary mix with tiny cubed cucumber squares in it.

One of these photos is the Sesame Seared Tuna Salad,.. $10. It has these crunchy celophane noodles sprinkled on the lettuce and bright red dried cranberries tossed on top. So good that tonight I got an extra to save for lunch tomorrow. Another photos is a loaded PoBoy.. $9 Another photo is Chicken Roulade..$8

One night last weekend I got an unexpected phone call from a friend who was in town and on Perdido Key for a wedding. Not realizing that most hotels were destroyed in the hurricanes and condos now in their places, and that finding anywhere to stay at 9:30 pm is difficult in this quiet community, I said 'Come on Down'. But my guest was insisting on taking me to dinner for the hospitality. I called this new restaurant and was told the kitchen would close at 10 PM , but to hurry and they'd try to feed us---we said we'd settle for whatever was left in the kitchen and a couple drinks. When we got there about 10:20, they seated us and told us to order from the full menu, take all the time we needed and they continued to seat a few other late comers too. They aim to please !
Casual atmosphere but with attention to food AND service--I love it. And low prices to boot, just makes you want to leave a BIG tip !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today