We finally got some bit of rain today.

I was walking into a store today just as it started and the people in there started to applaud ! You could hear it on the roof. I even got a phone call from B'ham while i was in the store from my Hardwood Dr. neighbor---"I heard it was raining, a mile away, is it raining on our places?" ---It was like an episode of Little House on the Prairie w/ cell phones. And speaking of cell phones, it has finally dawned on me why the newer cell phones are so bothersome to use. All that stuff that you have to wade thru to get the actual telephone part is the stuff they make extra money on. And my new bill came and i had all these tiny extra charges, lots of 21 cent charges that happened while I was trying to figure out my old LG phone that I hated. Every time to sent me baseball scores when I was trying to put it in mute mode, that sort of thing. It all makes sense to me now. The paper copy of the phone bill came , even tho I have it on auto-charge, and it was full of 4 color print ads for 'extras' they were trying to sell me, like $2.49 ringtones of my 'favorite top 40 hits' .

So now I see why Shoemoney, in his blog is always going on and on about how much money there is to be made in ringtone advertising. He goes to great lengths to research which demographics buy what brand of phone and which brands can download exactly which ringtones and he targets the correct demographic precisely with his PPC campaigns, and says the PPC ads for ringtone selling sites pay a huge amount per click because a loyal idiot ringtone customer spends plenty. He has all the stats by race, age, etc.etc...and it is pretty interesting and about what you would expect. The ones who can least afford it are the most likely to waste money on changing their ringtone on a regular basis.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today