VAIO size comparison



I have had a few questions about the size comparison of my new travel laptop and my regular, older laptops. Here they are together. The Sony VAIO on bottom is pretty standard size. It is about 5 years old I'd guess. Weighs about 8 lbs. The thing sticking out the side is a wireless card---it was purchased fairly recently and just plugs in. (They were not standard and built-in in those days.) The battery on the new little one is the silver cylindar shaped thing running along the back hinge area. It just plugs in and out. It is much lighter than the big old rectangle that slid into the old one. My old one no longer holds a charge, but even on eBay they are not cheap, so I don't even have battery capability with it anymore. I was not going to shell out 75 bucks when I knew I wanted a new smaller, lighter laptop soon.

I was at Office Depot today to buy a computer desk for the Hardwood Dr. house and none of their laptop offerings were as compact as mine. I looked just because I was curious.

For anyone interested, here is what I got: $1299 plus shipping, no tax

Sony factory direct, refurb, 90 day warranty

Sony VAIO VGN-T370P/L Ultra Portable Laptop ComputerModel
Sony VGN-T370 P/LChipsetMotherboard
Chipset Intel 855GMEProcessorProcessor
Intel Centrino Pentium Mobile
Processor Speed 1.20 GHz
Front Side Bus (FSB) 400MHz
L2 Cache Memory Size 2 MB
Memory (RAM)
Memory Std/Max 1024 MBTechnology DDR
SDRAMStorageHard Disk Size
60 GBOptical Device
DVD±RW Dual LayerCommunications
Modem Speed 56 Kbps
Ethernet Description 10/100 Mbps
Wireless Type 802.11b, 802.11g
GraphicsDescription 10.6" XBRITE WXGA
Video Memory 64 MBChipset
Intel Extreme Graphics 2Bus Interface
AGP 4XMax Resolution 1280 x 768
Operating System/ SoftwareOperating System Provided
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
WeightWeight (lbs) 3.0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today