Advice anyone?

I think I need to buy a computer today. Even tho Heather is gonna help me replace the HD in the older of my two desktops now that i am back in G.S., I have a weird feeling that the processor might be involved with its meltdown issues.

So what I can't decide is if I should go with:

Sony VAIO VGC-V620G Pentium 4 3.4GHz 1GB 250GB DVD+-R
WIN XP HOME 20" X-BRITE MONITOR--about $1700 plus shipping
Ubid Link
Upside being ---includes 17 in SonyLCD flatscreen monitor --no wires--everything built in. Way less dust & easier for evacuations.
Downside, doesn't include PhotoShop Elements--can't use my older copy on this computer.
No diskette slot (but don't use much)

OR

Sony VAIO VGC-RA840G Pentium D 820 2.8GHz 1GB 250GB DVD+-RW DL DVD/ATI X300/2MB L2/Windows XP MCE 2005 about $900 plus shipping
Ubid link
The downside being tons of wires running all over the place, surround sound--tons of wires-- catching more dust and spiders--it already takes me 3 hours (no lie) to hook up what I have now. (routers, back-up external HD's, expansion USB hubs, monitors, speakers,scanner, printers, UPS, etc,etc.....) or course, I suppose i wouldn't have to hook up all 5 speakers.

The upside being tons of processor power: dual core processor--run anti spyware in background while doing photoshop, run huge programs simultaneously, no problem...it is made for gaming & video editing, so it can handle huge files and 3-D rendering. And it comes with the newest version of Photoshop Elements (my older versions will not install on any computer but the one they came with), water cooled--Sony's tend to run warm anyway I think.


Advice anyone?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well, you don't want to say NO wires. It looks to me as though the only wires this thing eliminates are the kewyboard and mouse cables. It comes with speakers, bet they plug in somewhere. The monitor certainly plugs in. Easy enough to get wireless keyboard and mouse, and easy enough to wire a simple plug in connection to the computer to disconnect when you are running from a hurricane. I say go for the power, save the dough.
Lundy Wilder said…
OK--fewer wires. Eliminates wire from monitor to tower cause aint no tower. I think speakers are built in monitor (I have another older Sony im Mempho with that) and price includes the flat screen (probably good cause it is sony) monitor.

but thanks, & I guess wires are just a part of life....

Other direct-to-me emails vote second one too...but then I might need to spend another $100 on a copy of Elements...maybe I can find it cheaper if I look around
Lundy Wilder said…
Oh--I got it backwards--I DO get Elements with second one---that is big plus.

Nevermind,
Rosanna Rosannadanna

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today