FedEx Wants me to Know

I think this is great--new since the last time I bought anything from Ubid that was getting delivered FedEx, I can opt-in to have the shipping status emailed to me as my package hops-skips and jumps southwards from the Ubid warehouse in Illinois. This is great if you want to be on hand to sign for a significant delivery. My new computer is suppose to require a signature, but my FedEx guy and I have a deal worked out and after all, this is a pretty crime free area, so he will probably leave it whether I am here or not. But since we do sometimes get driving rain and my porch is shallow, it will be really cool to know exactly when to expect delivery.

And it is super great that it has already left the warehouse and made its first stop at a FedEx distribution center. That is fast.

I nearly had heart failure today....the failed HD computer is giving us fits--it will only recognize 8GB of the new HD.....we have started over couple times, changed all sorts of things. If we can get the whole HD to format, then Windows won't install...Meanwhile, since i can see that this is not gonna be a quick fix, I made the decision to migrate ScrapbookScrapbook and DAC-ART from FrontPage98 to FP2000 and install on the other fully functioning desktop. (It already had FP2000 and you can't run 2 versions on one computer)

Well, wouldn't you know it. I ran into problems. And for a short time, I thought that due to some networking that the 'good' computer was totally screwed up and trying to reformat its HD from a disk in the broken one....Lordy....it was panic city. ALL websites are now on that second computer..... and how it all happened was while I was on phone with tech support at hosting co in Canada, server wouldn't recognize my password w/ site in FP2000....(they finally fixed that later tonight). Tech guy told me to restart the computer but it wouldn't reboot !!!!!
I put in emails and calls to Heather who had been gone about 30 min and she gave me some info that saved the day.

Luckily, this kind of thing only happens about twice a year. That sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach.

But during that time, I was so glad to know that I had fairly recent back-ups on the external SimpleTech back-up thingies I got at Sams. They don't hold it all by any means, but the vital stuff would have been there. I'd just have lost a lot of photos and real recent stuff and probably silly stuff you emailed me ! No, really, it would have been a very, very time consuming thing to have to reformat that second computer HD and get all the software installed again and updates, etc....again...and yes, I'd have lost some sentimental stuff.

The mantra that I always told the scrapbook moms rang in my ears.....
backup, backup, backup.....

New computer can't get here soon enuf.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Did the books arrive? Inquiring Santas need to know.
Lundy Wilder said…
yes,thanks Santa dear.
Perfect thing to help me get thru the winter

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today