PANIC

I think I have hard drive failure on my main computer.....

Oh tiss the season....

update:

After a BUNCH of hard restarts and every kind of error message , I finally got a desktop. The most beautiful screen on earth. (update note: that desktop was a sham :o( it was still frozen)

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT>>>>Tomorrow I will burn everything i can find on that computer to CD. I have an external HD I backup to but it is not nearly as large as the actual HD so I only backup crutial files.
I really heard click-click-click- tonight--the Click of Death. I have heard it before in a zip drive. I lost that drive to Click of Death and lost data on the disk in it too. The Click of Death I hear now is on my internal Hard Drive....

Saturday Update: I have managed to get the machine to boot and actually work today ... sort of. It's days , or hours are numbered. It certainly DOES have the click of death. It is just a matter of time. I have to leave for Memphis for Xmas. Will just have to deal with it upon my return. Happy New Year to me. 100 GB of death. And this is the machine that manages my 2 most important websites.

More UPdates, Sunday: Official Sony replacement HD costs over $500--forget that. I have burned 13 CDs chock full of files off this computer--up till 2:30 a.m. !! Can't leave town till I get it done. Have delayed that till tomorrow. Ubid has some interesting Vaio's on auction right now--some have a flat screen lcd monitor built in--a new concept with the computer and monitor built as one. Another model has surround sound--sub wolfer--huge HD, TV tuner, multi layer DVD burning-made for video editing. Trouble is I have to have it delivered to Memphis or wait till I am back here to order. Last time i ordered a computer in Memphis (the land of rampant thieft(and other crime)) the UPS driver claimed he was scared of the dog and left a Sony Laptop leaning by the mailbox at the street in a box clearly marked "New Sony Laptop"---obviously he has passive-aggressive tendencies. Luckily I happened to pull in the driveway and spot it. Blew my mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today