Thieving UK Scoundrel

I got an email from a lady in the UK alerting me to the fact that someone had burned my www.ScrapbookScrapbook.com graphics to CD and was offering them on ebay UK auction site. Bummer, this happened once before on US ebay and once on Dutch ebay.

Sure enuf, I looked and she had grabbed the illustrations off my site and everything. Ebay has a special task force for dealing with this kind of fraud, but Ihave to fill out forms and fax then and when it is overseas, I have to deal with overseas phone calls--and expense.

So this time, I first used the ebay 'ask the seller a question' online form to send a 'cease and desist'
note and tell her that I'd be filing the complain w/ ebay officials. By the time I got back home and checked, she had removed all the auctions that offered my stuff. So I didn't bother faxing forms to ebay UK.

I did offer to send the alert visitor a nice book on scrapbooking for letting me know--i wrote and asked for her mailing address, but she refused the offer saying that she was just ever so glad to help put a stop to it for me. I insisted, but she wouldn't send me her snail mail address.

I noticed that my reaction was much less intense this time than the first time this happened---I was LIVID the first time--my blood actually boiled. Gives one a tiny taste of how Bill Gates must feel about pirated software.

All this 'making money while you sleep' does take a certain amount of vigilance and maintanence !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know This Plant?

Color Change Paint Job

Miller's Birthday Today